We’re sort of in the dead center of awards season, you know with the Golden Globes having just passed and the SAG Awards and Writers’ ‘Guild Awards coming up, and whaddaya know–I’m getting an award, too! It turns out Blog Love does get returned, as I’ve been nominated as a Very Inspiring Blogger.
Much Blog Love to Charles Yallowitz for nominating me. His blog, Legends of Windemere, is awesome and I highly recommend you follow his work, which gives an interesting insight on his approach to fiction and how he’s crafting not only his stories but the characters as well. You won’t be disappointed. Check out his post on being named a Very Inspiring Blog here.
Very Inspirational Blogger
The Award comes with a few rules:
- Display the Award logo
- Link back to the person who nominated you
- State 7 Facts about yourself
- Nominate 15 other Bloggers for this award and link to them
Facts About Yours Truly
- Last night at a wedding with my wife, the father of the bride came over to me, patted me on the shoulder, smiled under his mustache, and said: “You’ve gained some weight.” Ouch. Not cool.
- This blog has gained 43 followers since its inception less than two months ago. I think that’s pretty cool.
- I’ve gained valuable story experience teaching literature at the high school and middle school levels over the last 10 years.
- I’ve begrudgingly gained respect for those published authors that once upon a time I thought were crap. They’ve done something I’ve yet to accomplish. More power to them.
- When my wife and I bought our first house late last year, I finally gained a writing space to call my own!
- I’ve gained enough knowledge to craft a publishable story, now it’s just a matter of putting it all together.
- I have gained weight. But I didn’t need to be told by a passing acquaintance that I’ve gained weight. Doesn’t that go against some wedding etiquette code or some unwritten social rule? Sheesh.
Other Inspirational Bloggers
And now to spread some more Blog Love! While I haven’t been a WordPresser for very long (about two months), I have come across some fantastic sites. Sites that certainly inspire me to push myself and my writing, to be better and to be here more often. Check them out. You won’t be disappointed.
- The Ranting Papzilla
- Ashley Jillian
- The Jiggly Bits
- Shannon A. Thompson
- Mike Reuther
- Laura B. Williams Designs
- The Collaborative Writer
- Marsha Lee
- The Lily Pad
- The Novel Reviewer
- Michelle Proulx
- Making His Mark
- The Voices In His Head
- Matthew Milson
- Candid Concourse
There you have it, folks. Check out these blogs. Don’t forget to check out the Legends of Windemere. And don’t forget to check back in here at DLFwriting.com for my upcoming work.
- Very Inspiring Blogger Award (legendsofwindemere.com)
- The Versatile Blogger Award (dlfwriting.com)
- Shooting Stars with a Galaxy Objective; Two Stars for Blog of the Year 2012 Award! (prinzecharming.wordpress.com)