Much love goes to The Ranting Papzilla for nominating me for The Versatile Blogger award. It’s my first blogging award, and before getting Papzilla’s notification, I didn’t even know about this sort of thing. Check out his site–it’s consistently entertaining and you won’t leave disappointed.
Versatile Blogger Rules (If you choose to obey them)
- Display the Award Certificate on your website
- Announce your win with a post and link to whoever presented your award
- Present 15 awards to deserving bloggers
- Drop them a comment to tip them off after you’ve linked them in the post
- Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
This is my first dose of Blog Love, and I’m always a fan of sharing that love. I haven’t been on WordPress long–less than two months, but in my time so far I’ve come across some awesome blogs blogged by some awesome bloggers. Here are 15 of ’em:
- Making His Mark
- Edward Hotspur
- Amy M. Newman
- Knitting With Pencils
- Blogging the 500 Days to 50 Years
- Lauren Marie Robb
- Allen Fiction
- Legends of Windemere
- Laura Stanfill
- Trista DiGiuseppi
- The Better Man Project
- Become An Author
- The Journal Files
There they are. Much Blog Love to them, as each and every author on that list deserves it.
Now back to your regularly scheduled program about Me! Here are 7 moderately interesting nuggets about Yours Truly:
- I love Star Wars, but just the original trilogy. Furthermore, I’ve read every single Star Wars novel set post-Return of the Jedi with the main characters from the original trilogy. Don’t give me prequel crap. Don’t give me Clone Wars crap. Just good ol’ Luke, Leia, Han and Co. (Aside: I would absolutely Force-choke Mickey Mouse if he effs-up the Franchise.)
- I did not drink coffee until I starting work for Starbucks in college. Now, I am not human in the morning unless I’ve had at least two cups of joe. (Aside: I would absolutely Force-choke those customers who had ordered their latte milk heated to a specific temperature.)
- If I wasn’t a Type-1 Diabetic, I would most probably be obese as a result of my snacking. I love snacks. (Aside: I would absolutely Force-choke my pancreas for quitting it’s insulin-producing job.)
- My wife keeps me sane during the week by driving our two children to school, despite the fact that I teach at that school. That morning commute sans the children is clutch. (Aside: I would absolutely Force-choke my students for asking stupid questions.)
- I want to be published in the traditional fashion. I want an agent to think my story is worthy. I want a publisher to think my story is worthy. I want readers to think my story is worthy. And I want to see my story on a store’s bookshelf. (Aside: I would absolutely NOT Force-choke any agent who agrees to represent my work.)
- I want to quit my day job. (Aside: I would absolutely Force-choke people I work with. Regularly.)
- My favorite band right now is Shinedown. My favorite movie is The Matrix. My favorite character from something I’ve read is Wolverine. (Aside: I would absolutely Force-choke people who think comic books can’t be legit literature.)
There you have it, folks. I’m a Star Wars lovin’, coffee drinkin’, diabetic snack eatin’, solo commutin’, publication wishin’, day-job quittin’, Shinedown listenin’, Matrix watchin’, Wolverine readin’ rootin’est tootin’est sumbitch with a blog you ever did read!
Check out those blogs. They won’t let you down. For the record, I won’t let you down either. Thanks for reading, and come back, now, ya hear?
- The Versatile Blog Award (therantingpapzilla.wordpress.com)